Key stages 3, 4 and 6th form. Bushfield Community College in Peterborough incorporates its media studio into a wide range of subjects for 11 to 19-year-olds to enhance curriculum-based learning and creativity, from news reports to music chat shows.
• Small Studio Chromatte Curtain
• Litering, controller and PSU
• Iztac low energy soft light
Bushfield's studio not only allows students to produce their own news reports, programmes and packages for their coursework, but the college has developed a virtual assembly which enables all-school assemblies to be streamed into class rooms.
• GCSE Media Studies students have created their own music chat shows as part of their coursework and are gaining hands-on experience of media technology.
• Drama students are now able to create their own television productions.
• Bushfield's studio is adding a new dimension to learning across a full range of subjects including geography and science.
This resource is suitable for ages 11 to 19 and supports QCA schemes of work.
"The studio is proving very popular with students and staff and has added a new dimension to learning. We are rapidly finding more and more applications across all subject areas and age ranges and this will undoubtedly continue. It has enabled us to develop a 'virtual assembly' by allowing us to stream assembly into classrooms so that all students can 'attend' assembly at the same time."
Chris Parker, Media Technician