Key Stages 1, 2 and 3: digital video can be integrated into many different curriculum areas: High quality, ready-to-use themes enable students to create curriculum-based DVDs from their movies
- 1 pan and tilt camera
This resource was used to enable students to produce weather maps that were drawn directly into a clip as a movie effect.
"This whole package has inspired us about the digital authoring medium."
Pupil, New Rush Hall School
- The map can be placed behind the subject with the use of a chroma key background
- Each map can be re-sized and positioned anywhere within the clip
- The maps are created with an easy-to use editor that contains a range of maps and weather symbols and pupils can import their own
- Ready-to-use themes on Weather, Geography and the Environment all contain background movies, graphics and music
- Each theme can be customised with a pupil's own files
- It is an engaging, innovative, stimulating and effective learning resource
This resource is suitable for ages 5-18 years of age and supports the following QCA schemes of work:
- 3A Combining text and graphics; programme of study ref. KS1 1a, 2a, 3a
- 4D Collecting and presenting information
- 6A Multimedia presentation
- 4A Writing for different audiences
"This is the best educational tool we have ever used! We have been able to use it across a wide range of subject area, like geography, PSHE, humanities and citizenship."
John D'Abbro, New Rush Hall School